Magnitude 6.10 quake near Ioannina, Greece
Last updated: 2014-10-13 21:28:53 UTC
- Location map
- Initial source parameters
- 3 components [closest Anza station]
- Vertical components [all Anza stations]
- Waveforms recorded at Santa Margarita Ecological Reserve
The Anza group at the University of California San Diego operates a broadband seismograph network consisting of 17 three component broadband seismograph stations centered near Anza, California (see map).
On Wednesday, August 13th, 2003 at 22:14:55 (PDT) we recorded a quake (preliminary ml 6.10) located near the city of Ioannina.
View the most recent map of local events near San Diego or a slightly wider regional view of events recoded by ANZA, or a map of events recoded by ANZA from around the globe.
Initial source parameters for the recent event are shown below. The epicentral distance (distance separating the epicenter and the closest station in the recording network) for Anza is 10800 km (97.22 degrees).
This map shows the mainshock (red star) and any associated aftershocks (orange stars). Anza network stations are blue triangles.
|Latitude||Longitude||Origin time (UTC)||Origin time (PDT)||Depth (km)||mb||Author|
|39.18||20.74||08/14/03 (226) 05:14:55||08/13/03 (225) 22:14:55||10||6.10*||USGS|
* The location and magnitude determined for this event are preliminary and are subject to change upon further review of seismic data.
You may also view a plot showing
Of local interest:
We operate a broadband station at the Santa Margarita Ecological Reserve. At 22:29 (PDT) station SMER recorded the P wave from this event. Here is a view of that event as picked by our analyst. The pink "P" indicates a P wave arrival, the "S" indicates an S wave arrival.
Visit the IRIS website with additional links to seismic data for this event.
- Powerful quake hits Greek islands - CNN.com
- 15 injured in Greece quake - ABC Online, Australia
- Earthquake in western Greece injures 20 - 4ni.co.uk
- 15 injured in Greek earthquake - ITV.com
- Undersea Quake Causes Injuries on Greek Island - Reuters
To search the internet for more information about this event, click on the button below:
Learn more about the Anza group (including who works here, other networks, nuclear tests in China/India/Pakistan).
Learn more about the ANZA network (includes more station information, research, etc).
URL: http://eqinfo.ucsd.edu/special_events/2003/225/a/index.php [Last updated: 2014-10-13 21:28:53 UTC]