Magnitude 7.1 quake within Banda Sea, Indonesia
Last updated: 2012-12-10 (344) 19:22:54 UTC
- Location map
- Initial source parameters
- 3 components [closest Anza station]
- Vertical components [all Anza stations]
- Waveforms recorded at the Santa Margarita Ecological Reserve
The Anza group at the University of California San Diego operates a broadband seismograph network consisting of 17 three component broadband seismograph stations centered near Anza, California (see map).
On Monday December 10 2012 at 8:53 AM (PST) we recorded an earthquake (preliminary M 7.1) located within the Banda Sea.
If you have felt this quake, the USGS would like to know. Please add your comments to the USGS page "Did you feel it?".
View the most recent map of local events near San Diego or a slightly wider regional view of events recorded by ANZA, or a map of events recorded by ANZA from around the globe.
Initial source parameters for this tremor are indicated below. The epicentral distance (i.e. the distance separating the epicenter and the closest station in the recording network) for Anza is 12422 km (111.61 degrees).
This map shows the mainshock as a red star. Associated aftershocks are orange stars. Anza network stations are yellow triangles. Blue lines are major rivers. Thin black lines are state boundaries and thick black lines are national boundaries.
|Latitude||Longitude||Origin time (UTC)||Origin time (PST)||Depth (km)||M||Author|
|-6.5220||129.8130||12/10/12 (345) 16:53:10||12/10/12 (345) 8:53 AM||158||7.1||QED|
* The location and magnitude determined for this event are preliminary and are subject to change upon further review of seismic data.
You may also view a plot showing
- the 3 components recorded by the closest Anza station
- the vertical components for all Anza stations
- View waveforms from Anza stations: BVDA1 BZN CRY CTC DGR DJJ FHO FRD GVAR1 IWR JEM JF00 JORD KNW LVA2 MONP2 MSC PER PFO PMD RDM RHIL SCI2 SLB SMER SND SNO SVD WMC WWC
Of local interest
We operate a broadband station at the Santa Margarita Ecological Reserve. At 09:11 (PST) station SMER recorded the P wave from this event. Here is a view of that event as picked by our analyst. A red P indicates a P wave arrival, a red S indicates an S wave arrival.
Visit the IRIS website with additional links to seismic data for this event.
Search the Internet
To search the internet for more information about this event, click on the button below:
Share this page
URL: http://eqinfo.ucsd.edu/special_events/2012/345/a/index.php [Last updated: 2012-12-10 (345) 19:22:54 UTC]